What is Rhee TaeKwon-Do?
Tae = Foot
Kwon = Fist
Do = Way or method of.
The Five Tenets of Rhee Tae Kwon-Do
Rhee Tae Kwon-Do
Our classes are fun for the whole family – energetic, non-contact and inclusive.
Ask about our Family Discounts.
More than just kicking and punching. Our classes help to develop fitness with a focus on both a strong body and a strong mind.
Expect to improve your cardio, flexibility and functional strength.
Dynamic techniques of unarmed combat for self-defense, combining the skilled application of powerful punches, flying kicks, blocks, dodges and interceptions.
Anyone can learn to defend themselves with Rhee Tae Kwon-Do.
Rhee TaeKwon-Do is a traditional Korean Martial Art promoting self defence and fitness for the whole family. We offer free first-time lessons for anyone interested in our classes so you can experience the benefits of Rhee Tae Kwon-Do with no obligation to sign up.
There are no competitions in Rhee TaeKwon-Do, instead the focus is on each student growing as a Martial Artist – adhering to Martial etiquette, learning to set goals and practice diligently to reach them whilst striving towards effective, powerful technique.
We’ve had schools established all over Australia and New Zealand since 1970, making it easy to find a school near you and continue learning our Art wherever you are – even if you need to relocate.
Anyone can learn the Art of Rhee TaeKwon-Do.
We train in a safe, non-contact environment that provides a fun learning experience for children while those serious and dedicated to studying the Art receive challenging and rewarding training. We’re always friendly and supportive no matter how fit or flexible you are, and there’s no minimum fitness level required to join. Once you become a Member your Branch Instructor will teach you the skills you need to enjoy your training and progress toward your goals.
We pay close attention to our students and their progress. With Instructors and Black Belts always available to teach, every student benefits from being treated as an individual in our classes. Our Instructors enjoy passing on their knowledge of the Art to the next generation and are dedicated to our students’ development.
The benefits of studying the Art of Rhee TaeKwon-Do go further than just learning how to kick and punch – they include increased self-confidence, concentration, perseverance and a more disciplined attitude to life.
Physical rewards include weight loss, increases in co-ordination, flexibility and functional strength as well as a fitter and healthier body.
The Rhee Tae Kwon-Do Pledge
- To abide by the rules and regulations of the school.
- To obey the instructions of my instructor.
- To cultivate self-discipline and perseverance.
- To achieve fitness and good health.
- To strive always to be modest, courteous and respectful to members senior to me.
- To put the Art into use only for self-defence and in defence of the weak; and never to show off my knowledge of the Art.
- To endeavour constantly to improve myself – both mentally and physically – through my study of the Art of Rhee Tae Kwon Do.
- To respect and obey my parents, be courteous to my elders and strive to set an example as a good citizen.
- To respect the laws of the country at all times.
- To be honourable in my dealings with all my fellow members.